CHICAGO, Dec. 25 (Xinhua) -- Mead Johnson Nutrition on Sunday said that its new tests on infant formula found no presence of bacteria that related to the death of a baby in Missouri, the United States.
A 10-day-old baby on Dec. 18 died of a rare infection caused by bacteria known as Cronobacter sakazakii in Missouri, according to the preliminary hospital tests. The source of the bacteria hasn't been determined, but it can be found in powdered formula.
The baby had consumed Mead Johoson's Enfamil Premium Newborn powdered formula. National retailers including Wal-Mart Stores Inc. , Walgreen Co., Kroger Co. and Safeway have since pulled a batch of the powdered infant formula from their shelves.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration and Centers for Disease Control are seeking to determine the origin of the bacteria and are expected to be testing a variety of possible environmental sources.
Mead Johnson said that it shared its test results with investigators.