2008-06-26 12:42:24 GMT 2008-06-26 20:42:24 (Beijing Time) Xinhua English
BEIJING, June 26 (Xinhua) -- Vice Premier Li Keqiang said here Thursday that China's quake relief work had already entered into anew phase and future work would focus on resettlement of the affected people and the post-quake reconstruction.
He made the remarks at a reception held by the Chinese Foreign Ministry to express the country's gratitude for international assistance in the quake relief efforts.
Over 170 ambassadors and representatives of international organizations in China attended the reception.
Li, on behalf of the Chinese government and people, voiced his appreciation to those foreign countries and international organizations for their support and assistance after the country suffered an 8.0-magnitude quake that jolted the southwestern Sichuan Province and neighboring regions on May 12.
According to the latest statistics, more than 160 countries and 10 international organizations offered funds, materials and personnel assistance to China.
Li, a member of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee, said the funds and materials donated by the international community, as well as the rescue and medical teams dispatched by some countries, made great contribution to help the country win the victory.
"(Those actions) fully demonstrated the compassion and humanitarian spirits from the international community for the Chinese people, which would be always remembered."
He also told the guests China was confident in and capable of hosting a successful Olympic Games in August.