Tue, December 02, 2008
China > Mainland

Eleven girl students die of carbon monoxide poisoning in NW China

2008-12-02 08:22:24 GMT2008-12-02 16:22:24 (Beijing Time)  Xinhua English

XI'AN, Dec. 2 (Xinhua) -- Eleven girl students at a secondary school in northwest China's Shaanxi Province have been confirmed dead of carbon monoxide poisoning, a provincial government official said on Tuesday.

Another girl was still in serious condition as of Tuesday noon.

The students were poisoned on Monday night when trying to make a fire to keep warm in their room at the Duiziliang Secondary School in Yulin City, the official said.

Further details were not available at this moment.

The province's vice governor Zhu Jingzhi, along with some other officials with the provincial educational and health departments, has arrived at the school to investigate the case.

Add Your Comments:

Your Name:
Your Country:
Comment:
(English Only)
 
Please read our Terms of Service. Messages that harass, abuse or threaten others; have obscene or otherwise objectionable content; have spam, commercial or advertising content or links may be removed.

SPECIAL COVERAGE

MOST VIEWED

LATEST VIDEO

PICTURE GALLERY