XINING, April 25 (Xinhua) -- China's health authorities have stepped up measures in preventing epidemics in northwest China's Qinghai Province where at least 2,192 people died since the April 14 quake, the provincial government said Sunday.
More than 400 people are working to prevent epidemics. They are monitoring infectious diseases, water quality and food safety. No epidemic outbreak has been reported so far, said a spokesman with Qinghai's public health department.
The epidemic prevention workers have so far disinfected 1,597,000 square meters of area and 6,600 tents, he said.
A total of 745 hectares of land have been examined for plague, which hit the province in August 2009.
The public health authorities have also held health education sessions for 52,400 people in the quake-hit zone, he added.