Three people were killed and four others injured after a female retiree set fire to an office belonging to a tap water company in central China's Hunan province Monday morning, local sources said.
Around 10:00 a.m. Monday, employee Shi Yanfei rushed into a meeting room where company heads were gathered, spilling gasoline in the room and igniting it, the government press office of the city of Shaoyang said.
Shi jumped out of one of the room's windows after igniting the blaze.
One general manager and two vice general managers were killed, while another three company heads were injured. Shi and the three injured have been sent to a local hospital for treatment.
It is believed that Shi's motivation may have been her dissatisfaction with the position given to one of her children, who also works for the company. Shi is one of the company's early retirement workers.
Local police have set up a special team to investigate the case.