Tue, June 14, 2011
Entertainment > Celebrity

Schwarzenegger separates from his wife

2011-05-10 06:57:31 GMT2011-05-10 14:57:31(Beijing Time)  Xinhua English

California Governor Arnold Schwarzengger and his wife Maria Shriver (R) attend funeral services for Italian film producer Dino De Laurentiis in Los Angeles November 15, 2010. (Reuters File Photo)

Former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger poses during the photocall of the animated tv series "The Governator" during the yearly MIPTV, the International Television Programs Market, in Cannes, southeastern France, April 4, 2011. (Reuters)

File Photo of Maria Shriver. (Reuters Photo)

LOS ANGELES, May 9 (Xinhua) -- Former California Governor and film star Arnold Schwarzenegger separated from his wife, former NBC reporter Maria Shriver, after 25 years of marriage, the Los Angeles Times reported on Monday.

Schwarzenegger and Shriver confirmed the separation in a joint statement in response to questions raised by The Times.

"This has been a time of great personal and professional transition for each of us," they said in the statement.

"After a great deal of thought, reflection, discussion and prayer, we came to this decision together. At this time, we are living apart while we work on the future of our relationship."

"We are continuing to parent our four children together. They are the light and the center of both of our lives. We consider this a private matter and neither we nor any of our friends or family will have further comment. We ask for compassion and respect from the media and the public."

Shriver has moved out of their Brentwood mansion and has been living apart from Schwarzenegger for the last few weeks, according to the report.

Schwarzenegger served as California Governor for eight years before being replaced by Jerry Brown earlier this year.

According to earlier press reports, he will return to the movie industry, playing the title role in upcoming drama "Cry Macho," the first movie he stars after walking out of the office.

The actor-turned-politician, 63, is said to play an aging horse trainer who is fired by his boss and ends up agreeing to kidnap his boss' 11-year-old son from his Mexican ex-wife, representing the former governor's "first post-gubernatorial project," a celebrity online media outlet Vulture reported in an exclusive.

The former governor has indicated that he's interested in returning to Hollywood to pick up his acting career.

| PRINT | RSS

Add Your Comments:

Your Name:
Your Country:
Comment:
(English Only)
 
Please read our Terms of Service. Messages that harass, abuse or threaten others; have obscene or otherwise objectionable content; have spam, commercial or advertising content or links may be removed.

SPECIAL COVERAGE

MOST VIEWED

LATEST VIDEO

PICTURE GALLERY