CANBERRA, Sept. 22 (Xinhua) -- The first batch of A/H1N1 flu vaccine will be rolled out to doctors in South Australia (SA) this week following five more deaths linked to the A/H1N1 influenza virus, according to SA Health Minister John Hill said on Tuesday.
The A/H1N1 flu-related death toll in SA this week climbed to 25,the Health Minister said.
"According to advice from the coroner, three of those people died at home suffering from other chronic illness," Hill said, adding "the two who died in hospital were suffering from underlying life-threatening illnesses."
Australia's biggest ever immunization program will begin nationally on Sept. 30.
Free doses of the vaccine will initially be made available to 440,000 SA adults at GP clinics, council clinics and hospitals across the state.
The vaccine, which will be supplied to SA GPs this week before being made available to the public on September 30, was developed in South Australia.
The federal government has purchased 21 million doses of the vaccine.
The A/H1N1 flu has so far hospitalized thousands of Australians and killed almost 200 Australians.