The Imperial College is located immediately to the west of the Confucian Temple and, in fact, connects with the temple through a side gate.
Generally recognized as the highest official institution of learning in imperial China, it was first established in 1287 during the Yuan Dynasty and subsequently enlarged several times, attaining its present dimensions during the reign of Emperor Qianlong of the Qing Dynasty. After the founding of the People's Republic in 1949, the Imperial College was completely renovated and the Capital Library was incorporated within its grounds.
No.15, Guozijian, Dongcheng District
9:00 to 16:30