5 workers die of gas choking in central Vietnam

2017-01-12 10:19:22 GMT2017-01-12 18:19:22(Beijing Time) Xinhua English

HANOI, Jan. 12 (Xinhua) -- Five workers were killed due to gas choking Thursday at a seafood processing company in Vietnam's central Phu Yen province, according to the state-run Vietnam News Agency.

At around 11:00 a.m. local time (0400 GMT), a worker came into a fish sauce cellar to take samples, but he did not come back. Ten minutes later, a colleague cut the circuit breakers and went to check, followed by another three workers, including a Thai.

All five workers, aged from 22 to 50, were dead of choking.

As soon as the accident occurred, local authorities arrived at the site to bring the victims to medical facilities.

The reason of the accident is under investigation.?

| PRINT | RSS