German police arrest suspect of Dortmund explosions

2017-04-21 11:40:55 GMT2017-04-21 19:40:55(Beijing Time) Xinhua English

FRANKFURT, April 21(Xinhua) -- German special police forces on Friday arrested a 28-year-old suspect considered to be responsible for the attack on Borussia Dortmund's team bus last week, said the German Federal Prosecutor's Office in Karlsruhe.

The prosecutor's office said in a statement that the suspect called Sergej W. holding both Russian and German nationalities, was arrested near the southern German city of Tuebingen.

The suspect had reportedly beforehand booked a room, which provided a view of the street where the explosions later took place, at the team's hotel for the period between from April 4 to April 13, and was staying at the hotel on the day of the attack.

According to the investigation so far, the suspect had bought Put-Options ahead of attack, which would have made him profit from the transaction if the price for shares of Borussia Dortmund fell.

German Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere praised the action of arrest as "great success," saying via twitter that, it would be notably despicable motive for that crime, if the accusation was eventually confirmed.

On April 11, three explosions hit the team bus of Borussia Dortmund on its way from hotel to stadium for the quarter-final of UEFA Champions League, injuring one player on board.

Graphics: launch procedure of China's first cargo spacecraft Tianzhou-1

Zhejiang's foreign trade value amounts to 81.24 bln USD in Q1

Xinjiang's medical industry becomes promising part of Belt and Road Initiative

NATO forces start services in Estonia

China launches first cargo spacecraft Tianzhou-1

Terraces shrouded by clouds in south China's Guangxi

China-made C919 passenger jet to take off soon

Redbud flowers in full bloom in S China

| PRINT | RSS