HOME    NEWS    SPECIAL REPORT    PHOTO    DATING    HOTEL
NEWS > Sports
No more signings for Barca
2005-06-20 05:30:00 XinhuaEnglish

MADRID, June 20(Xinhuanet)-- Spanish champions Barcelona have said that they would not make any more signings this summer.

Barca president Joan Laporta was quoted as saying by the daily Sport on Monday that he had been told by the club's technical staff"the squad is now complete for next year".

Barca, who won the league title in May, have since signed Netherlands midfielder Mark van Bommel and Athletic Bilbao winger Santi Ezquerro.

Though the club continued to be linked with a number of other players, Laporta said that more signings were unnecessary.

"With the arrival of Van Bommel and Ezquerro, they feel we now have a balanced squad and we don't need any more players."

Besides the two new signings, Barca will also welcome back four players who missed most of last season with long term injuries.

The players included Swedish striker Henrik Larsson, Spanish defender Gabri and Brazilian midfielders Thiago Motta and Edmilson. Enditem

MORE NEWS
Krautzun: China not like Greece  
China aiming to finish top  
Horry's 3-pointer gives Spurs narrow win in game 5 of finals  
Battling Campbell defies Tiger to win US Open  
Germany win UEFA European Women's Championship  
Mexico beats Brazil in Confederations Cup  
UEFA announces new punishments for club competitions  
Henan, Beijing win at CFA Cup  

SINA English is the English-language destination for news and information about China. Find general information on life, culture and travel in China through our news and special reportsúČor find business partners through our online Business Directory. For investment opportunities with SINA, please click the link "Investor" below.
| About SINA | Investor | Media Kit | Comments or Question? |
Copyright© 2004 SINA.com. All Rights Reserved