2008-07-24 06:40:27 GMT 2008-07-24 14:40:27 (Beijing Time) SINA.com
Radovan Karadzic, the Bosnian Serb genocide suspect who avoided capture thanks to his appearance as a hirsute health guru, looks like his old self again after having a trim, his lawyer said Wednesday.
"He's looking good. He had a hair cut, he shaved himself, and is in great shape. He now looks just like before," lawyer Svetozar Vujacic told AFP.
At the time of his capture by Serbian security forces in Belgrade on Monday after more than a decade on the run, Karadzic was unrecognisable with long white hair and a thick beard.
"He has regained his former appearance, like 13 years ago," said Vujacic.
"He is very combative, he is in a hurry to start his fight and hopes that truth and justice prevail.
But Karadzic was "sceptical about this unjust court which is against Serbs" and hoped the tribunal's mandate, presently set for 2010, would expire before his trial ends, Vujacic added.
The lawyer confirmed he would file an appeal against Karadzic's transfer to the UN war crimes court in The Hague on Friday, the final day allowed under Serbia's law on cooperation with the tribunal.
Once filed, a special panel of Serbia's war crimes court will have three days to decide on the application.
"They will not be able to make a decision before Monday because I will send the appeal on Friday," said Vujacic, who had already indicated he intends to delay the transfer for as long as possible.
Serbia's war crimes prosecution had earlier estimated that Karadzic would be sent to The Hague at the weekend, or on Monday or Tuesday at the latest.