TRIPOLI, Aug. 20 (Xinhua) -- Libya said Sunday it had arrested some terrorists responsible for two car bombings in Tripoli earlier in the day, when two people were killed and three others wounded.
An informed source in the Supreme Security Committee (SSC) under the Ministry of the Interior told Xinhua by telephone that SSC staff had arrested more than 20 people, who had something to do with the two car bombings in capital Tripoli, according to preliminary investigations.
The first blast occurred outside a police academy on Omar al-Mukhtar avenue, killing one SSC personnel and moderately injuring his colleague, as they were routinely patrolling nearby.
The second, which occurred almost at the same time near the Interior Ministry building at the city center, killed one civilian and wounded two others.
Preliminary investigations also indicated that some of the gang members were involved in the assassinations of citizens during last year's uprising, the source said, adding most of the arrested were already wanted by the new Libyan authorities.