As the emergency alert was lifted in Indonesia's capital city of Jakarta, the death toll of the week- long massive flood in the city reached 41, according to the data released by Jakarta Regional Disaster Mitigation Agency (BPBD) on Monday.
The agency learned that West Jakarta municipality saw the largest number with 22 people. The other municipalities recorded fatality below 10 people. Most of the victims were electrocuted or swept out by raging water from spilled over river.
"The emergency alert status will no longer be extended. I hope there will be no more flood," Jakarta Governor Joko Widodo said on Sunday night in North Jakarta.
Central government Jakarta city hall issued the flood alert to ease the efforts to provide relief aids to people affected by the massive flood in the capital city.
National Disaster Mitigation Agency (BNPB) said earlier that the flood affected 320,000 people living in the capital city, forced around 15,000 people into seeking refuge.