A Palestinian family of six died Thursday when a fire broke out in their home in eastern Gaza City, a hospital official said.
Hamas police announced an investigation into the incident, in which the father, mother and all their four children, aged between three to six, were burnt to death.
Sources said the fire was likely to have been caused by a candle the family lit in their house after midnight.
The Gaza Strip suffers from a shortage in electricity due to frequent disruption in fuel supplies to its only power plant.
The incident raised voices criticizing Hamas government for not resolving the power shortage though it has been ruling the territory for more than six years.
Last year, five children were burnt to death in two separate fires caused by candle in their homes in central Gaza Strip.