Four die from carbon monoxide poisoning in Turkey

2013-02-01 10:11:18 GMT2013-02-01 18:11:18(Beijing Time)  Xinhua English

ISTANBUL, Feb. 1 (Xinhua) -- Four people including two children were found dead due to carbon monoxide poisoning Thursday evening in the Turkish provinces of Istanbul and Diyarbakir, lcoal Today's Zaman news reported Friday.

In Istanbul, a woman returning from work found her three-year- old son and paralyzed mother-in-law lying dead on the ground as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning caused by a leak in the heating stove.

In a similar incident in Diyarbakir, an elderly woman and her 14-year-old granddaughter died from the same cause.

Three other incidents of gas poisoning happened in January in Istanbul, leaving eight people dead and at least 23 people hospitalized.

| PRINT | RSS
Add Comment
Name
 
Please read our Terms of Service. Messages that harass, abuse or threaten others; have obscene or otherwise objectionable content; have spam, commercial or advertising content or links may be removed.