S.Korea: Patience wearing out on Kaesong

2013-08-05 01:45:17 GMT2013-08-05 09:45:17(Beijing Time)  SINA.com

South Korea has once again urged North Korea to hold talks on reopening the Kaesong joint industrial park.

The Unification Ministry said in a statement on Sunday that South Korean firms have incurred investment and operational losses of about 6.7 billion dollars from the 4-month suspension of the complex.

South Korea is requesting compensation from the North for the financial damage.

The statement says the patience of the South Korean people is "reaching its limit" and North Korea should "behave in a responsible way".

South Korea issued the statement one week after making what it calls the final offer for talks on reopening the industrial park. Seoul also announced humanitarian assistance for its northern neighbor.

Pyongyang has made no response.

Unification Minister Ryoo Kihl-jae said last week that his country will make a grave decision if North Korea doesn't respond to the offer.

His remark is believed to indicate that South Korea may give up resuming operations at Kaesong.

(Agencies)

| PRINT | RSS
Editor:
Add Comment
Name
 
Please read our Terms of Service. Messages that harass, abuse or threaten others; have obscene or otherwise objectionable content; have spam, commercial or advertising content or links may be removed.