No sign missing Malaysian jet on 9/11 type attack: Indian FM

2014-03-17 05:26:41 GMT2014-03-17 13:26:41(Beijing Time)  Xinhua English

MUMBAI, March 17 (Xinhua) -- Indian Foreign Minister Salman Khurshid said Monday that India had not got any indications as yet while reports said that missing Malaysian jet MH370 was headed for a 9/11 style attack on India, local media CNN-IBN reported.

"I don't think we have gone so far. Security agencies would look at all possibilities," Khurshid said to media.

However, he maintained that the security agencies will probe all angles assuring that India will put in all its efforts to help in the rescue operation.

"We will give them the essential just give them the back up that they need in terms of man power, vessels, equipment. India did provide the largest number of ships and other vessels. We will continue to do so to the best of our abilities, but the operation will be led by them," he said.

Malaysian prime minister on Sunday hinted at foul play, saying someone probably deliberately diverted the plane from its flight path from Kuala Lampur to Beijing. A member of the Royal Malaysian Police has confirmed that a flight simulator was recovered from the flight captain's home. The simulator is being analyzed by experts.

Malaysia has asked India for technical assistance on corroborating possible flight. Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Sunday assured his Malaysian counterpart Najib Razak of all the help India can provide to Malaysia in tracing the missing air jet.

| PRINT | RSS
Add Comment
Name
 
Please read our Terms of Service. Messages that harass, abuse or threaten others; have obscene or otherwise objectionable content; have spam, commercial or advertising content or links may be removed.