Lao health ministry confirms one more COVID-19 case

2021-02-03 09:35:27 GMT2021-02-03 17:35:27(Beijing Time) Xinhua English

Video PlayerClose

VIENTIANE, Feb. 3 (Xinhua) -- The Lao Ministry of health on Wednesday confirmed one newly detected COVID-19 case, with its total number rising to 45.

Deputy Director General of the Department of Communicable Diseases Control under the Lao Ministry of Health, Phonepaserd Sayamoungkhoun, told a press conference in Lao capital Vientiane on Wednesday that the new case is a 20-year-old woman, who returned to the country from Thailand.

The patient, a Lao national, travelled from Thailand and arrived in southern Laos' Champasak province on Jan. 31. She went to a quarantine center by a bus with another 35 passengers.

The patient is treated in a designated hospital in Champasak province, said Phonepaserd.

As of Thursday, 104,542 suspected cases have been tested in Laos. Among the 45 positive cases, 41 have recovered.

Laos announced its first two COVID-19 confirmed cases on March 24 last year. Enditem

| PRINT | RSS