Thu, June 10, 2010
World > International Organizations

Palace of Nations

2010-06-10 02:56:01 GMT2010-06-10 10:56:01 (Beijing Time)  Xinhua English

Flags are seen along the road to the Palace of Nations in Geneva, Switzerland, June 9, 2010. The Palace of Nations in Geneva was built between 1929 and 1936 as the headquarters of the League of Nations. It has served as the home of the United Nations Office in Geneva since 1946, when the UN secretary general signed the Headquarters Agreement with the Swiss authorities, although Switzerland did not become a UN member until 2002. (Xinhua/Yu Yang)

The "Broken Chair" sculpture is seen on the square in front of the Palace of Nations in Geneva, Switzerland, June 9, 2010. The Palace of Nations in Geneva was built between 1929 and 1936 as the headquarters of the League of Nations. It has served as the home of the United Nations Office in Geneva since 1946, when the UN secretary general signed the Headquarters Agreement with the Swiss authorities, although Switzerland did not become a UN member until 2002. (Xinhua/Yu Yang)

Photo taken on June 9, 2010 shows the decorated ceiling of the assembly hall in the Palace of Nations in Geneva, Switzerland. The Palace of Nations in Geneva was built between 1929 and 1936 as the headquarters of the League of Nations. It has served as the home of the United Nations Office in Geneva since 1946, when the UN secretary general signed the Headquarters Agreement with the Swiss authorities, although Switzerland did not become a UN member until 2002. (Xinhua/Yu Yang)

Photo taken on June 9, 2010 shows the buidlings of the Palace of Nations in Geneva, Switzerland. The Palace of Nations in Geneva was built between 1929 and 1936 as the headquarters of the League of Nations. It has served as the home of the United Nations Office in Geneva since 1946, when the UN secretary general signed the Headquarters Agreement with the Swiss authorities, although Switzerland did not become a UN member until 2002. (Xinhua/Yu Yang)

A peacock strolls at the Palace of Nations in Geneva, Switzerland, June 7, 2010. The Palace of Nations in Geneva was built between 1929 and 1936 as the headquarters of the League of Nations. It has served as the home of the United Nations Office in Geneva since 1946, when the UN secretary general signed the Headquarters Agreement with the Swiss authorities, although Switzerland did not become a UN member until 2002. (Xinhua/Yu Yang)

Flags are seen along the road to the Palace of Nations in Geneva, Switzerland, June 9, 2010. The Palace of Nations in Geneva was built between 1929 and 1936 as the headquarters of the League of Nations. It has served as the home of the United Nations Office in Geneva since 1946, when the UN secretary general signed the Headquarters Agreement with the Swiss authorities, although Switzerland did not become a UN member until 2002.

Add Your Comments:

Your Name:
Your Country:
Comment:
(English Only)
 
Please read our Terms of Service. Messages that harass, abuse or threaten others; have obscene or otherwise objectionable content; have spam, commercial or advertising content or links may be removed.

SPECIAL COVERAGE

MOST VIEWED

LATEST VIDEO

PICTURE GALLERY