Indonesia reports no national fallen in France attacks

2015-11-14 07:59:26 GMT2015-11-14 15:59:26(Beijing Time)  Xinhua English

JAKARTA, Nov. 14 (Xinhua)-- Indonesia Foreign Affairs Ministry intensifies contacts with authorities and hospitals in Paris to check possible victims from its nationals living in the French capital following series of shootings and bombings in the city on Friday night.

"Based on information supplied by Indonesian Embassy in Paris, no national was fallen from the attacks so far,"a statement released by the ministry said on Saturday.

The ministry called on Indonesian living in Paris and outskirt areas to remain vigilant, avoiding areas considered unsafe and restrain themselves from joining activities of radical groups.

Indonesia also expressed its deepest condolence to the people and government of France, particularly for families whose beloved ones were killed in the attacks.

Indonesia reaffirmed that terrorism and violence in any form and reasons cannot be tolerated.

"Indonesia invites international community to improve international cooperation in combating terrorism and radicalism,"the statement said.

French officials said that the attacks carried out by gunmen and suicide bombers in Paris on Friday night have killed at least 153 people.

French President Francois Hollande imposed a state of emergency in France related to the heinous attacks, the first that have been imposed in the country after the end of World War II. He also ordered closedown of French borders in a bid to prevent the perpetrators from escaping.

| PRINT | RSS
Add Comment