Thu, April 22, 2010
Shanghai travel guide

Shanghai transportation - By air

2010-04-22 09:36:41 GMT2010-04-22 17:36:41 (Beijing Time)  SINA.com

Shanghai has two international airports something no other city in China can boast. Pudong International Airport handles 60% of flights including most flights from all over the world, while the remaining 40% use Hongqiao International Airport. As one of the main Chinese airline hubs, Shanghai has opened connections with nearly two hundred cities, half domestic ones and half international and regional ones. Direct flights provide Shanghai with connections to dozens of international air terminals such as Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Fukuoka, Osaka, Tokyo, Bangkok, Brussels, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, London, Moscow, Rome as well as regional links with Hong Kong and Macau. Domestic flights link Shanghai with Beijing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Xian, Xiamen, Hangzhou, Chengdu, Chongqing, Shenyang and others.

The two airports enjoy convenient transportation links with the center of Shanghai. Here is a map of bus transfers at Pudong and Hongqiao International Airports for your reference:

Pudong International Airport

Situated on the south bank of the Yangtze River estuary in east Shanghai, Pudong International Airport, completed in 1999, is about 30 kilometers (19 miles) away from the city center and 40 kilometers (25 miles) from Hongqiao International Airport. In total about fifty airlines have flights to over sixty domestic cities and over seventy cities of other countries and regions. For more information, you should contact the airport through its information line of 021-96990.

It has two terminal buildings and the Termial 2 (T2) was newly completed in 2008. There are buses and other means to shuttle between the termials. Over 30 airlines worldwide has agents in T2 and 14 airlines in T1. Please enter the page of Pudong Airport for more details.

Pudong Airport Transportation

Pudong International Airport enjoys very convenient transportation to the urban area of Shanghai. Visitors can transfer to the city center by various vehicles.

Pudong Airport Shuttle Bus: There are ten airport shuttle bus lines handling transfers from Pudong Airport to the city center of Shanghai.

Maglev: The speedy Shanghai Maglev Train (SMT) will be a wise choice for visitors to transfer to downtown Shanghai. When getting off the maglev at Longyang Rd. Station, subway line 2 is right there to take visitors to the city center.

Subway: Subway Line 2 has been extended to Pudong Airport. Pudong Airport Subway Station is between the two terminal buildings. Passengers can use this line to get to Pudong, Nanjing Road and further to Hongqiao Airport.

Taxi: A taxi costs approximately CNY 150 from Pudong Airport to People's Square, the center of Shanghai, and it takes about 50 minutes.

* Shanghai Airport Shuttle Bus to Nearby Cities: Here are long-distance shuttle bus routes from Pudong and Hongqiao Airports to neaby cities, such as Hangzhou, Suzhou, Yiwu, Kunshan, etc. Also, time and pick-up point from those cities to the airports are shown.

Hongqiao International Airport

Located in the west of Shanghai, Hongqiao International Airport is only 13 kilometers (8 miles) from the city center. The airport mainly handles the domestic flights. There are two terminals with two runways. Terminal 2 (T2) of Shanghai Hongqiao Airport is open into public use on March 16, 2010. Eleven airlines move to Terminal 2 (T2). Spring Airlines and chartered flights to Japan and South Korea still stay in Temnimal 1 temporarily till the end of March. Passengers should make sure to get to the right terminal. For more information, you can see Hongqiao Airport page or telephone the airport by 021-52604620.

Hongqiao Airport Transportation

Hongqiao International Airport has convenient transportation to the downtown area of Shanghai.

Hongqiao Airport Shuttle Bus: At Hongqiao Airport, seven bus lines provide transfers to the city center.

Taxi: The taxi fare from Hongqiao Airport to People's Square in the city center is approximately CNY45 and it takes about half an hour.

Subway: Shanghai Subway Line 2 has been extended to Hongqiao Airport Terminal 2. Passengers can take this subway line from Hongqiao Airport to downtown Shanghai and Pudong Airport.

Add Your Comments:

Your Name:
Your Country:
Comment:
(English Only)
 
Please read our Terms of Service. Messages that harass, abuse or threaten others; have obscene or otherwise objectionable content; have spam, commercial or advertising content or links may be removed.

SPECIAL COVERAGE

MOST VIEWED

LATEST VIDEO

PICTURE GALLERY