KABUL, June 6 (Xinhua) -- A would-be suicide bomber who apparently wanted to target a military convoy, went off prematurely in Taliban former stronghold Kandahar Saturday injuring two innocent children, a local official said.
"The bomber strapped an explosive device to his body and waited on a road in Jalai district to target military vehicles," the governor of Jalai district Niaz Mohammad Sarhadi told Xinhua.
However, the explosive device suddenly exploded injuring two children nearby, Sarhadi said.
This untoward incident occurred at around 02:00 p.m. local time in which the body of the bomber was scattered around, he added.
It is the second attack of its kind in Kandahar in a single day on Saturday.
Previously, a bomb attack in Spin Boldak district killed four civilians and wounded eight others in the morning rush hour.