Wed, October 26, 2011
World > Africa > War clouds hover over Libya

ICC has no confirmation Gaddafi's son wants to surrender

2011-10-26 16:12:22 GMT2011-10-27 00:12:22(Beijing Time)  SINA.com

Saif al-Islam, the son of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, smiles as he greets supporters in Tripoli in this August 23, 2011 file photo. (REUTERS/Paul Hackett/Files)

AMSTERDAM - The International Criminal Court said on Wednesday it had no confirmation that Saif al-Islam, the son of Libya's Muammar Gaddafi, and former intelligence chief Abdullah al-Senussi are proposing to hand themselves over to the war crimes court.

"We don't have confirmation about this now. We are trying to contact the NTC for more information," ICC spokesman Fadi El Abdallah said.

Earlier on Wednesday, a senior Libyan military official with the National Transitional Council said Saif and al-Senussi are proposing to hand themselves in to the Hague-based court.

In June, the ICC issued arrest warrants for Gaddafi, his son Saif and al-Senussi on charges of crimes against humanity after the U.N. Security Council referred the Libyan situation to the court in February.

(Agencies)

| PRINT | RSS

Add Your Comments:

Your Name:
Your Country:
Comment:
(English Only)
 
Please read our Terms of Service. Messages that harass, abuse or threaten others; have obscene or otherwise objectionable content; have spam, commercial or advertising content or links may be removed.

SPECIAL COVERAGE

MOST VIEWED

LATEST VIDEO

PICTURE GALLERY